In this task we will gather the required materials for installation. You will need an FTP
FTP SERVER OR IP ADDRESS: ____________________
FTP USER: __________________________________
FTP PASSWORD: ______________________________
FTP PORT (OPTIONAL): ________ (typically PORT: 21)
Admin information for your Joomla! installation
For convenience you may record those settings here:
Admin: The default user name is ADMIN - for installation that is what you will use.
eMail account: _____________________________
Depending on your host once you set up and login with FTP you may have to navigate to the website directory (known often as public_html). Ask your host to set up your FTP account to point to the path to the web sites root directory as default.
1. Install FileZilla by double-clicking on the executable. This will take about two minutes. FileZilla is very self explanatory and accepting the defaults is the best method to get it installed and working. Once installed, it will launch and you should see this screen:
2. We will need to set up your FileZilla client to talk to your server. Click File | Site Manager. You will now see the following screen:
3. Setting up Site Manager
This will open up the configuration for a new HOST entry.
4. Click the New Site button
You will need the FTP settings you wrote down previously.
Once you see this screen you are ready to begin set up. Please note that the contents
on your screen's right and left windows will be different. You should see a folder listing on the right screen of your contents.
6. Uncompress Joomla!
Locate the compressed (zipped) file you downloaded in Item 2. It will be named like this: Joomla_1.5.XX-Stable-Full_package.zip(code in text) where "xx" represents the latest version of Joomla! you downloaded.
Using Windows right-click the file and choose Extract Allâ€¦ - this will uncompress the file into a folder by the same name. It is worth noting that other applications such as WinZip, WinRAR or others will handle this procedure differently.
Record Joomla! path name here: ____________________________
7. Start FileZilla
Start your FileZilla application (if it is not already) and open Site Manager, select your
host, and click Connect.
8. Navigate in the FileZilla window titled: Local site to your uncompressed Joomla folder.
You should see something like this: (Note that is the left window of FileZilla)
9. This is a screen showing you what is on your machine.
10. Transfer files over from your local machine to Server
11. Left-click one of the folders in your Local site window, it will be highlighted.
12. Next press Ctrl+A to highlight all of the folders.
13. Right-click on the highlighted folders and you will see the following screen:
14. Click the Upload button, as circled in the preceding screenshot.
You will see the files copying to the RIGHT window. Once done, you will see this in the
right-hand pane, which represents your server.
The following is a screenshot of your web server after Joomla! has been uploaded.
|copyright © dedserveronline.com|